TOGETHER, WE WILL MAKE A DIFFERENCE
Established by CEO & Founder Will Adler, the Will Leather Goods Get & Give Will Initiative is a get-and-give program making it easy to make a difference while you shop. For each backpack or messenger bag purchased through October 1, 2016, we will donate one backpack stocked with school supplies to a child in need in the USA. Our goal is ambitious, but within reach with your help: We want to donate 500,000 bags to underfunded schools across America. Each bag will be ﬁlled the essential school supplies as well as space for something more: their dreams. Children are encouraged to write their goals directly onto the bag and then carry that inspiration with them every day.
To date, the Will Leather Goods Get & Give Will Initiative has inspired more than 8,500 children across the country.
Schools we’ve helped:
- Westminster Elementary: Venice, CA — 350 Backpacks
- 1st Street Elementary School: Los Angeles, CA — 160 Backpacks
- Schoolhouse Supplies: Portland, OR — 4,500 backpacks
- Fairfield Elementary Schools: Eugene, OR — 350 Backpacks
- Cornerstone Schools Association: Detroit, MI — 2,847 Backpacks
- Vernor Elementary School: Detroit, MI — 300 Backpacks
WILL YOU HELP?
Here are a few ways to help us reach our goal of donating 500,000 backpacks:
- MAKE A PURCHASE: You get, we give. For each backpack or messenger bag purchased (through October 1, 2016) we will donate one bag to a child in need.
- NOMINATE A SCHOOL: Nominate a school by filling out the form below, or by calling 541.434.6659 x3393 or emailing [email protected]
- BE ONE OF OUR DISTRIBUTION VOLUNTEERS: Be there in person to see what happens when you hand a bag filled with inspiration to a deserving child.
- DONATE SCHOOL SUPPLIES: Help us fill the bags with important supplies and essentials.
- ATTEND AN ASSEMBLY: Help us plan these life-changing events, held in August, September and December.
HOW IS THE WILL LEATHER GOODS GET & GIVE WILL INITIATIVE DIFFERENT FROM OTHER CHARITABLE INITIATIVES?
Unlike programs that aid those in need overseas, the Will Leather Goods Get & Give Will Initiative focuses on providing outreach to communities within the United States, allowing us to extend a hand to our neighbors nationwide.
As a native of Detroit, Michigan, Will Adler recognizes the importance of education as a foundation for success. Today, budgets get smaller and need gets greater—and Will saw an opportunity for our brand to be of service. He believes that by inspiring students to dream—and dream big—we are making an investment in our future.