WILL LEATHER GOODS CORE PRINCIPLE of LEATHER EXPERTISE:
TIP TO TAIL
WHAT DOES THAT MEAN?
This is a core principle of our Leather Expertise.
It means we commit to minimizing waste at all levels, every day.
It’s a core principle of our business that drives our design and exemplifies our commitment to sustainability.
Will Leather Goods is committed to only using leather that is a by-product of the cattle industry. We only use vegetable dyes and oils.
We get the most yield out of every cut by creatively using the scraps to make small leather goods.
We have designed reusable totes to help others commit to less waste.
This may not be the easiest way, but it’s the Will Leather Good’s way, and we are proud of it.
A note from our Leather Tannery- The Italian Consortium of Leather
"leather does not lie, it is not afraid to be the testimony of time." -CONSORZIO VERA PELLE ITALIANA CONCIATA AL VEGETALE
- No animal is killed for its skin. On the contrary, the raw hides used by our tanneries are the discarded by-products of the food industry producing meat for human consumption.
- Being tanned with natural tannins, a vegetable-tanned leather object can be easily disposed of at the end of its life, thanks to its chemical-biological characteristics.
- Our tanneries have made huge investments in depuration systems and waste recycling that make them work in full respect of man and the environment.
- Many of the substances used during the tanning process are recovered, recycled and reused in different fields. Hair removed from raw hides is transformed into agricultural fertilizer; sludge produced by the depuration plants is reused in the construction field to make bricks.
- Vegetable-tanned leather, recognizable from its trademark, does not contain any toxic substance such as azo-dyes, nickel, PCP or chrome V.
For more information on caring for your product- explore here https://www.willleathergoods.com/pages/leather-care
Explore our Leather Glossary here- https://www.willleathergoods.com/pages/leather-glossary